Skill for Life 4
Skills for Life 4
Bilateral Upper Limb Loss Workshop
October 22-25, 2015 - Houston, Texas
Pre-order your SFL4 video of the proceedings. Click here for order form.
Comments from the recent SFL4 Workshop
"Having been a triple amputee for 36 years I didn't know if I could learn much. I was wrong! We found compassion, our tears flowed, our hearts danced, our spirits were more…well…Life changing!!!"
The Skills for Life workshop is a unique event dedicated to bilateral upper limb loss. It will include a program devoted specifically to issues faced by individuals with bilateral upper limb loss. Presenters will include individuals living with bilateral upper limb loss, therapists, prosthetists, physicians and others.
"I am looking forward to the fourth Skills for Life. Strong early interest indicates that the workshop will draw a large number of amputees, their families and caregivers, as well as all the professionals represented by the various rehabilitation disciplines.", Shawn Johnson, OTR/L, USISPO Board Member and SFL Committee Co-Chair.
SFL workshops have... (read more)
Comments from SFL 3
"It's the most human, instructive, wonderful conference I ever have attended. Thank you again!"
"Everything about the workshop was very good. Everyone seemed like they really truly cared about everyone and was very passionate about what they do. Thank you very much for putting a workshop like this on. It was really an eye opener for my son Parker. He now knows how truly independent he can become."
"This was the best conference/workshop I have attended in my career/OT of 25 years."
Preliminary Program and Schedule
Available in PDF format
SFL Dinner Selection
Please click on the below link, enter your full name and then make your food selection. This is for the SFL Gala Dinner on Saturday, October 24, 2015. If you are not attending or staying for the dinner, please select the "No Dinner" option. We need your reply by October 16, 2015.
Workshop and Hotel Information
Houston Marriott - Medical Center
6580 Fannin St.
Houston, TX 77030
Online Reservation link:
Book your group rate: US ISPO Skills for Life 4
For Bilateral Upper Limb Loss individuals in need of financial assistance to attend SFL please fill out the application below
SFL Financial Assistance Request Form
Please contact Julie Klarich at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To subscribe to the Skills for Life E-mail blast please contact Shawn Johnson at email@example.com
Skills for Life on Facebook
- Skills for Life 4 to be Videotaped
- We will have consent forms at registration for you to sign if you agree to being videotaped. If you choose not to sign, we will make sure you are not included in the video.
- Spanish Translation at Skills for Life 4
- This service will be provided simultaneously through headphones to those needing the service.
- ACMC Course on October 26-27
- A training course for the Assessment of Capacity for Myoelectric Control (ACMC) will be held following the Skills for Life Workshop. This will be the FIRST time the training has been offered in the US. For more information please contact Wendy Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.